World Autism Acceptance Week commences today and is a perfect time to launch Herefordshire and Worcestershire’s Autism Strategy engagement survey!
Please complete our survey and share across your networks
People are being invited to have their say on a new All-Age Autism Strategy, due to launch later this year across Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
This survey is for autistic people, families, carers, provider organisations and people in our communities who know someone who is autistic or professionals who come into contact with autistic people.
Autism Partnership Boards from across the two counties want to know what needs to be done to improve the lives of autistic people. We want people to share their views and experiences to help shape our strategy.
Bernadette Louise, ICS Autism Champion, NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire, said: “The autism strategy survey is just our starting point. We need to hear your views and experiences, as well as gather feedback about gaps and barriers in your daily lives. I want to know what works well for you, and what is hard some days. Where do you hit stumbling blocks and who is there to support you when you do. This is our chance to start breaking down local barriers. Be heard, let’s talk!”
It will focus on 7 priority areas:
- Improving understanding and acceptance of autism within society.
- Improving autistic children and young people’s access into education, and support positive transitions into adulthood.
- Supporting more autistic people into employment.
- Tackling health and care inequalities for autistic people
- Building the right support in the community.
- Improving support in criminal and youth justice systems.
- Keeping safe.
Please go to All-Age Autism Strategy | Worcestershire County Council for more information and to complete the survey. There is a space for you to send in an email, picture, or video if you would prefer to feedback this way.
The survey will close on Sunday 14th May 2023.